Introduction


Let me lay the groundwork for this guide. I will begin by saying there are more thorough products on the market that discuss every possible aspect of selling media products on Amazon.com. They are very good. However, I have a very short attention span and usually get bogged down looking for the information I really want.


Over the past couple of months, my Amazon sales have been very good. A big reason for this is that I have developed a recipe for what works. The biggest improvement happened when I started using Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) to handle my inventory. I buy big batches of items (mostly books and CDs), pack them all in a box and ship them to Amazon’s warehouse. They charge me a minimal fee to store them, and when they sell – Amazon packs the items and ships them to the customer. If you are unfamiliar with Amazon FBA, I suggest you buy Selling on Amazon’s FBA Program (http://bit.ly/FBA-Program).


I am assuming you have at least a basic understanding of selling on Amazon. If you do not – here is a shameless plug for my book Selling on ‘the River’. Selling on ‘the River’ is my ebook that teaches the basics of opening an Amazon Seller account and generally getting started as an Amazon seller. You can purchase the ebook at: www.SellingOnTheRiver.com. – (end of shameless plug)


One more thing before we start – I talk a lot about selling books on Amazon. That’s because I love books. I used to be a printer and I have a thing for ink on paper. Anyway, you can sell nearly anything on Amazon. Specifically, I encourage you to also look at CDs and (some) DVDs. Keep your eyes open for anything with a bar code. Amazon requires a UPC on most everything. So if you find any product in its original box with a barcode, you may be able to list it very simply on Amazon by creating a “Me Too” listing. Simply find the product on Amazon, and click “Sell yours here.” No pictures, no long description, just a quick comment on its condition and your done.


As a result of my good sales, and me telling everyone about them – I’ve been getting lots of questions about finding, listing, and pricing items to sell on Amazon.com. It will be easiest for me to empty my brain in this guide than to reply to hundreds of emails, so here we go.

0 comments